Friday, February 13, 2015

Carnaval in Cuenca Ecaudor

This weekend starting Sunday through Tuesday is a big celebration called Carnaval here. Many of the children, friends and families will go and play in the rivers, throw buckets or balloons of water at each other. It is a big festive thing here in Ecuador. I am looking forward to all the events and fun activities that will await me for Carnaval. A couple days ago i was walking to the Foundation El Arenal and there were a bunch of little kids who told me "quires agua en tu rope y tu cara". I abruptly said no i do not and please do not touch me with that water or i will me mad. About 5 seconds later i got nailed by a water gun, 5 water balloons, and a big bucket of water. It was rejuvenating in the end because i was hot and needed a cool down. It is crazy how many children will bribe you to get wet and if you say no they just think its a joke and go on with their lives.  I am really excited for Carnaval and what adventures will await me for this coming up week.

No comments: